LOCATION: Northern Cape, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Mpumalanga
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Limited Duration Contract
To perform a technical and supervisory role on a construction project, ensuring setting out of the site, applying the relevant designs and plans, resources management and monitoring progress of the project as well as liaising with sub-contractors.
- Read, interpret, and use construction drawings and specifications.
- Calculate construction quantities and develop a work plan.
- Surveying and setting out the site.
- Competent in the quality assurance and control aspects of civil engineering.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Liaising with consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Perform site administration functions.
- Lead and supervise construction teams.
- Monitor and control cost of the construction work.
- Demonstrate an understanding and implement health, safety, and environmental initiatives on a construction project.
- Relevant tertiary qualification: BSc Degree Civil Engineering / NHD in Civil Engineering or B Tech in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Must at least have 3 years’ experience on a construction site in the same or similar job.
- Must have 1- or 2-years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Must be a dynamic and enthusiastic team player.
- This position requires being honest and ethical in behaviour.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Must be medically fit to work on a construction site.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 09 March 2022
Please forward your CV and relevant qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
- Background checks will be done.
- Grinaker-LTA will respond to short listed candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within six weeks from the closing date, can assume their application unsuccessful.
- The Company encourages candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds to apply.