POSITION: SITE ENGINEER
DIVISION: Eastern Cape Building
LOCATION: Gqeberha, Eastern Cape
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent Contract
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT: To perform a technical and supervisory role on a construction project, setting out of the site, applying the relevant designs and plans, resource management and monitoring progress of the project as well as liaising with sub-contractors. __________________________________________________________________________
THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Read, interpret, and use construction drawings and specifications.
- Calculate construction quantities and develop a work plan.
- Surveying and setting out the site.
- Planning and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Liaising with consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Performing site administration functions.
- Lead and supervise construction teams.
- Monitor and control the costs of the construction.
- Must have profound knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and the environment to successfully execute SHE initiatives on a construction project.
• BSc Degree Civil Engineering / NHD in Civil Engineering or B Tech in Civil Engineering or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must at least have 4 years of experience on a construction site with a high degree of Internal Building Finishes, Services Installation and Commissioning experience.
- Must be dynamic and an enthusiastic team player.
- Computer literate.
- Must be medically fit to work on a construction site.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: • Must be honest and ethical.
CLOSING DATE: 26 November 2021
Please forward application with position name in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background checks will be done.
- No applications will be considered if you do not meet the minimum requirements.
- Grinaker-LTA will respond to short listed candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within six weeks from the closing date, can assume that their application was unsuccessful.